Sunday, May 31, 2009

For a miracle baby......

Wish I can make more of those baby sneakers but rolling those laces was a killer!


Sam, the previous cook at coffee club, is due to have her firstborn, a boy, in July. It was really a miracle that she got pregnant in the first place as her husband and her were trying for the past 11 years. Though I could not understand the multitude of her joy (since we never have trouble conceiving ourselves), I sure know the immense joy kids can bring to our life (yes, not counting the smelling nappies, sleepless nights, messy house etc).

Anyway, I made these cuppies (orange poppy seed cuppies with orange infused cream cheese frosting) for her shower which was on last Saturday. After churning out 100 of these little creations for the wedding, I made all these in just a day's time.


Teddy bear shirts


Teddies in action (i.e school time, bath time winter wear etc)

Some of the finished cuppies

the aussies or maybe more like the ang mohs love their handmade quilts


30 cuppies all ready to go!

Tashy in her funky princess outfit and her best friend Princess Amie (the birthday gurl)

I finished these cuppies early than expected that I even had time to attend a princess birthday party with Tashy in the avro! Enough talking for now or I will just keep babblering.

6 comments:

Ada said...

OMG wei'er, your handy work is becoming more and more and more gorgeous each time you create a new batch of baked stuff! :) I often think that what you did is already so so so amazing but you would always blow my mind with your next project! :) Wish I'd get a chance to see and eat these lovely creations one day!! :) You have great patience too and I admire that a lot because when I bake - I try to get things done as quickly as possible.. :P

Side note: Tasha looks gorgeous in that outfit!! :)

celine said...

i was already amazed by your little cups (from your previous post) and now this. i like the little shirts and quilts best...... the quilts reminds me so much of my 6 years student days in melbourne.

Wei said...

Ada: Thanks gurlie! Actually i can understand what u mean abt trying to get baking done as quickly as possible esp if I have a big order of cupopies to do!

Skinnymum: I loved those tea cups too and was actually quite unwilling to have them used on the wedding cuppies. All for the love of my friend.....=)

Anonymous said...

Hey Wei'er
It's been a long time since we last caught up. Your cupcake toppers making skills are getting better and better each time! you're seriously on your way to becoming a pro.

Hey ivan, kaiwen and i have tried contacting you,but you haven't replied. I know you must be busy but it there any chance we can meet up early next month, on a weekend? I was going to make an announcement on my blog, but i wanted you to know that i recently got engaged. heheh will be asking you for help to make cupcakes on my wedding day too.

Take care, do reply when you have time. looking forward to catching up with you.

Love,
Smitha

Wei said...

hey Smitha, yeah i knew about your engagement from Ivan's blog jsut today only. Yeah...i lost my mobile a couple of weeks ago and just only got my sim card sent out to me. That's why u guys were not able to coantact me. The video you guys did were great and thanks for including me in it. =) Will sure love to help you out with ur wedding, provided u give me heaps of notice.=) hmmm....i can't really do neaxt weekend as my mum will be around and we be travelling to NSW. What about the weekend after next?

Anonymous said...

Hi Wei er,

The weekend that you're looking at - Ivan will be having exams. He will be free from the first week of july onwards but kaiwen has a camp the first weekend of july. how about 2nd weekend of july (10,11,12 july) Please check and let me know if thats ok for you.

Love,
Smitha