Saturday, July 04, 2009

hee heee.....


Yes yes, faithful readers. I have once again horribly neglected this blog. Its just seems like big things comes one after another without much of a break in between. My mum came for a one and a half week visit at the start of June followed by my sis and a fren from church. And its only today that we had the house to ourselves again with my sis leaving for Perth for another 8 days to complete her month long Aussie holiday.

Anyways, its always nice to have family with us as it always give me the excuse to be on vacation too. And of cos, the state of my house somehow suffer quite reasonably with household chores taking a backseat. With everyone gone, life IS really back to normal.

Aside from my life from last month, I realised its been a while since I posted something that I made since the wedding.



Celebrated Katie (SIL #3) and Ellie (cousin-in-law)'s 18th birthday at JC Slaghter Falls today for lunch with the extended family. It was a great day with clear skies, woodfire barbarque burning, lush green grass to sit on and of course wonderful Christian fellowship. As part of our prezzie to them, I made a Strawberry Charlotte.
It was made up of a vanilla genoise, fresh sliced strawberries and a thick layer of strawberry mousse and Kahlua soaked sponge fingers. I enjoyed making this cake especially when my kitchen gets to smell like a strawberry farm and also for a change, no much baking was involved. Everyone loved it so much that the whole cake was gone in 5 minutes.


Personally, the strawberry mousse went really well with the genoise and sponge fingers giving a different dimension of taste and texture. The geniose was light and fluffy and complement the strawberry mousse which was bursting of strawberry flavour (of cos) and was just sweet enough that the savory people even gave it a thumbs up. The only thing I felt I can improve on is prob to soak the geniose in Kahlua to make this a more grown-up dessert/cake.

I love strawberry season......

2 comments:

How many sides of me? said...

Envy the peeps at Aussie! I wanna try your delicious desserts!! must have tasted heavenly! post more pics of Tash!!

celine said...

you are back, finally ...... missed you ALOT!