Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Heaps to update but..........

I'm just simply tied for time!!!! I have tried out quite a few good recipes (okay, it only just one or two) in my kitchen and have been yearning to post it up. And for one of the recipes, due to the inavailability of freshly grated coconut, I even got when through the whole experience of cracking to grating the coconut flesh by myself. I got to say I was pretty proud of that bowl of freshly grated coconut after spending 3 hours on it. I will have to blog all about it one of these days.

The reason why I'm so tied for time is that I had been at work for the whole of today and will be tomorrow again. And besides that, we would be going off to St George with Pete this coming Thurs till next Mon staying with his uncle and aunt. And staying with others also mean we have to bring along something as a git of appreciation. So I decided that I should put my baking skills to use and make them some yummy goodies to enjoy while we are there. To know what I had planned to make, do keep in touch for next week's blogs. =) (pray that I would be faithful in posting it....=P)

Anyways, rembr that I mentioned about the gathering of Singaporeans at the Stamford plaza for a National day buffet lunch? The food served was mainly SG food such as beef and chicken rendang, mee goreng, curry veg, sambal egg etc . It was really good and had helped to ease some homesickness for SG foods even though I normally won't choose to have such food back home. At the end of that lunch session, I reckoned that I chatted more than I ate. It was nice to know a few more SG pple. But having survived pretty comfortably and contentedly without any SG contact at all in Brissy, I do not feel any inclination to meet up regularly with this group of pple. Not so sure if you might feel this way if u r in my shoes. Belonging to a church and being close to my in laws probably are the reasons for my lack of homesickness, i guess......

Okay okay for now......i really have to get on with my list of things to do today. You guys take care and see ya soonn.....

1 comment:

Ada said...

Hey Wei'er, I can sort of understand what you mean when you say that you do not feel the need to meet up regularly with S'poreans. For me, having a bunch of good friends from all over the globe who are as close as family is enough for me. :) I rarely feel homesick or have the need to meet other Singaporeans because of them. :)