Thursday, January 28, 2010


I know, I know....I have been doing that disappearing act again.....Its so much harder to be able to blog with two kids.....one wanting ur full attention to something amazing she is doing at the moment and with the other, just wanting to suckle all day long. Okay okay......its partly due to my procrasting blogging nature too.....Well, there's just times when I just want to kick back after a long hot day and read what other people have to say and not say a thing.

While I was away from blogasphere, I have been cooking (or baking) a storm up in my kitchen. For an engagment party and also for my little angel 3rd bdae. It seems like I spent my whole life waiting to turn 18 and be independent. And it took ages......and ages and ages....And since the day I turn 18, time just fly pass me like it never had. Take the birth of my 2nd bub for example, he is already an adorable 8 weeks old bub with those chubby cheeks that one can hardly resist from pimching it.

Over the last couple of weeks, my fridge and pantry were never short of sweet stuff like brownies, truffles, ganache ,caramel,mousse and essential baking ingredients like butter, milk, flour, sugar, eggs...i'm sure u get the picture. And as u can expect, both J and T enjoyed surprising themselves with a little sweet thing every night after dins dins and looked forward to a spoon or a bowl to lick after each baking session. "Just an occassional treat..." they will say and helped themselves to more the following day and then night again.....Hmmm....so much for a treat.

I'm just glad that now with those two big events over and that my house is practically....almost clean of all those indulgent sweet things. Of everything that I had baked.......there was one, just one that stood out and seduced me with its depth of flavour and fudgy melt in the mouth texture. Its just a simple brownie recipe really......but with the addition of Guinness in it.....The maltiness of it just brought out the deep rich notes of the dark chocolate. Its one recipe that's going into my hadnwritten recipe book to be passed down to generations to come. Yup, its that good. So good that I just have to bake it another time......u know.....just to make sure that its really good. =)

Let's cut the talking and here's the pics......

For the engagement party,

peach spelt cake for the gluten intolerance

Guinness brownies &.....

....Bailey's Truffles for the chocoholics

Lemon creme & Raspberry Mousse Tartlets &.....

......mini ispahan cuppies for the petite fours lover.

For a dear gurlfren's bdae,

chocolate torte served with raspberry compote & whipped cream

For Tashy's 3rd bdae,

Flower dessert pots with 5 different layers that consists of: brownie base, fresh raspberries, milk choc caramel mousse, dark choc ganache & topped off with hazelnut dirt.

included a white cake with lemon cream & raspberries covered in white choc ganache as a last minute decision....which explains the poorly decorated cake..=P

this coming fri, i would heading off to SG to spend some much anticipated tiime with my family. Hoping to be able to do some baking before then and while i'm away.....Guess i can be hopeful for now...by the way, one of my church fren has been supplying organic wholegrain & others such as spelt, buckwheat, millet etc for a really reasonable price. I'm def gg to experiment with these dif flours in my baking n come up with dessertsith a more of a wholesome twist to them. To healthy home baking!

2 comments:

weiz said...

I'm here!!!! See you tomorrow =)

beckyy huang said...

i hope to try some of that gorgeous baking that i can onl drool over from your blog :P